From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] memtest86+ taking too long
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:30:59
1 On Nov 19, 2007 12:03 PM, de Almeida, Valmor F. <dealmeidav@××××.gov> wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > After looking at the /var/log/messages file, I saw an entry which seemed
7 > to indicate a memory address problem. I decided to run memtest86+.
8 > However it is taking too long. So far 17 hours and still going. The
9 > "Pass" field reads 25%; I hope this is an indication of how much of the
10 > total has been done. The "Test" field is frequently updated so it seems
11 > memtest is running. The total memory is 10GB, the chipset: Intel E7505
12 > ECC.
13 >
14 > Is this execution time expected?
15 >