From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Replacement for gcruft: gcrud
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 06:07:56
1 gcruft seems to have died off (https://www.google.com/search?q=gcruft
2 only returns ebuild results). I was using it quite a lot and wrote many
3 exception files. It's gone now with no way for my or anyone else's
4 ebuild to get the original source. I did preserve it though, here:
5 https://gitlab.com/Tatsh/gcruft
6
7 I wrote a replacement in C named gcrud. It only needs GLib2 installed to
8 work. It's much faster than gcruft ever was. The code is here:
9
10 https://gitlab.com/Tatsh/gcrud
11 https://github.com/Tatsh/gcrud
12
13 I am placing preference in GitLab for issues and merge requests, but I
14 will accept PRs from GitHub.
15
16 The whitelist https://gitlab.com/Tatsh/gcrud/blob/master/whitelist.c is
17 currently hard-coded and limited but the results are satisfactory for
18 now in my use cases.
19
20 Type use case:
21
22 sudo ./gcrud | sort -u > out.log
23
24 Examine out.log for things you can delete. There are absolutely zero
25 calls to delete files from the machine in my code and never will be any
26 kind of automation support.
27
28 If anyone tries it out I certainly would like to see your output and get
29 some bug reports or suggestions. The main feature planned is reading
30 from a configuration file for exact file paths and regexs.
33 Andrew