From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LINGUAS
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:21:54
1 On 8/19/10, Florian CROUZAT <gentoo@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 19 août 2010, at 14:27, Graham Murray wrote:
4 >
5 >> Several packages, not just OpenOffice, can include/support different
6 >> languages. Portage uses the value of LINGUAS to tell these packages
7 >> which languages to include/support.
8 >
9 > I have access to this box where linguas=fr is set.
10 > Check this output:
11 > $ type -a [
12 > [ est une primitive du shell
13 > [ est /usr/bin/[
14 >
15 > [ is a shell built-in becomes "est une primitive du shell"
16 > I can't see any use flags in coreutils/bash that informs me it will be
17 > emerged with the linguas support.
18 > How do I know which package will be localized then ? Just curious, I don't
19 > tweak my linguas.
20
21 Check for the tell-tale USE="nls" flag in the ebuilds.
22
23 Not all ebuild's bother listing explicitly out all of the LINGUAS
24 their sources actually support. coreutils is one of the lazy ones.
25
26 Just look at its sources: 39 different .po files, that's 39
27 localizations available. No point printing out such monstrous long
28 lists -- your localization is in there, period! ;) But coreutils does
29 obey LINGUAS anyway. It only installs what you have in your LINGUAS
30 (check, e.g., with equery files coreutils).
31
32 Openoffice is a special case (surprise!). Its ebuild depends
33 dynamically on spell-check packages depending on the value of LINGUAS
34 -- so the poor Gentoo OOo maintainers must list out every supported
35 lingua in the ebuild. :)
38 Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors