From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] When emerge can't find a package
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:22:27
1 I'm trying to install squid but when I run emerge -v squid it eventually
2 fails after trying what looks like about a dozen sites.
3 --------------
4 HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
5 13:11:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.
6
7 !!! Couldn't download squid-2.5.STABLE10-patches-20050519.tar.gz. Aborting
9
10 Is there a sort of normal way to proceed from there?
11 I know how to build it myself of course but I mean in keeping with other
12 gentoo tools so that gentoo knows what has happened.
13
14 Can I download the latest tar ball and give it to emerge or something
15 along that line?
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list