From: m4110c <disquz@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 08:35:33
1 On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 03:10:39AM -0500, Dale wrote (rdalek1967@×××××.com):
2 >
3 > I was reading up on some other stuff, making the SD card available to
4 > install apps on, and it seems the sd card can be encrypted the same way
5 > the phone is.  Would that affect how this is done or will it not matter
6 > as long as the phone is on and the code is entered?
9 I don't think so. If the phone is up and the correct code is entered, it
10 should be decrypted completely. Except, if there was some additional
11 encryption applied to the SD-Card. (but why would anyone do that if they
12 can use Android for it?)
15 > m4110c, where does scrcpy come from?  Is that part of android-tools as
16 > well?
19 No, it's a tool developed by some guy. You can find it on github under
20 the link I provided. It is a tool that uses the ADB protocol to transmit
21 the screen and other data from the phone to your PC. It communicates
22 with android-tools if you want.
23
24 However if you have access to the phone it does not make much sense to
25 use it, as you can just ues the phone directly.
26
27 > It's weird, this was fairly easy on my old Razr. It was pretty basic and
28 > all but it worked.  :/
29
30 Anyways, I would say that it's very probable, that there is just nothing
31 on that phone. If it would be encrypted, you would not have access to
32 the card at all. So no folders to see. Usually, disks/cards that are encrypted
33 do not even show up as having a file system so the card will not be
34 mounted and readable at all. As you say that you have access to the
35 folders I guess there is just nothing in there.
36
37 Except of course, that you have the phone of a super-hacker-secret-agent
38 who uses tools to let you access his device but hide the data from
39 you... ;-)
42 m4110c
45 mailto: disquz@×××××.de