From: krzaq <krzakers@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] packets with bad cheksum
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:43:56
1 Hello everybody!
2
3 I recently tracked down a problem with my home server.
4 After running for few hours, all connections start to work faulty (no
5 connections or slow).
6 When I run iptraf I see that
7 approx. 30% of all packets are classified as BadIP (bad checksum in
8 header right?).
9 That concerns all intefraces (WAN, home LAN and even LO!!!!).
10 Reboot helps but the problem returns shortly.
11
12 I've booted form a memtest image and run memtest all day and night.
13 All tests came out clear.
14
15 I have kernel 2.6.8.1 with some patches (grsec,ip_accounting,imq,...),
16 but It ran flawlessly for more than a month.
17
18 The question is: how the hell can I debug it? Any hints?
19 Memory is tested and I am quite stucked. I've put down squid and
20 replaced named with nsd temporarily to
21 eliminate any CPU & MEM eating daemons -- didn't help.
22
23 No kernel pacnis, no kprintf's .. nothing in my dmesg ... bummer ... :(
26 Regards
27 Karol Krzak
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list