From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] laptop-mode
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 01:10:58
1 With recent update to laptop-mode I decided to rework the power saving
2 on my sony vaio. Mostly ok, but it seems laptop-mode is exclusively
3 "grabbing" acpi events somehow. I have modded /etc/acpi/default.conf to
4 trap the function keys for screen brightness and then control the LCD.
5
6 However laptop-mode seems to have taken over and default.conf is no
7 longer processed by acpid on an event, or events are not getting there.
8
9 How can I either get acpid to process events through the normal files,
10 or some other method to allow manual control of screen brightness and
11 still keep acpi access for laptop-mode?
12
13 BillK