From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the dmix equivalent these days?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:08:20
1 On Tuesday 27 February 2007 22:41, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote
3
4 > > Blast! I spoke too soon. /usr/bin/play plays system sounds fine, but
5 > > alsa will not mix them.
6 >
7 > Do you have an alsa configuration file (e.g. /etc/asoundrc)? I used dmix a
8 > while back, and when it changed to being the default, my asoundrc broke
9 > playback. You might try deleting (or at least removing any dmix/dsnoop
10 > entries from) that file.
11
12 Thanks Bo,
13
14 Actually, I do not have an /etc/asoundrc. I used to have ~/.asoundrc which I
15 moved to #/.asoundrc_OLD back then, when elog told me to do so. Subsequent
16 updates did not recreate it - so I assume it is not needed anymore?
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick