From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blank screen when re-logged IN
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 21:35:48
1 Am Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 10:49:50AM -0700 schrieb thelma@×××××××××××.com:
2 > I have a recent Gentoo installation and I'm experiencing strange behaviour. I don't know if it has something to do with the hardware (video card) or software issue.
3 > Video card is: GeForce GTX 1050
4 > I'm using "nvidia" video driver.
5 >
6 > Sometimes when I log-out and try to log-in back, all I get is black screen with mouse cursor pointer showing but the screen is black, nothing is displaying.
7 > How to trouble shoot it?
8 > It only happens when I "log-out" and try to "log-in" back.
9 >
10 > The only thing I can do is to ssh from another terminal and "reboot" the PC.
11
12 I find that if I log out and back in too quickly, KDE does not load up
13 correctly either (though KDE is probably another beast compared to XFCE).
14
15 I noticed that KDE takes a while after logout to end all processes that were
16 associated with the session. Stuff like pulse and other daemons. So just out
17 of curiosity: before you log out of XFCE, log in remotely as root, open htop
18 and filter for your normal user (or use any other method of choice to show
19 processes owned by your user).
20 Now log out of XFCE. After a while, the filtered list in htop should be
21 empty (unless you set up some other background stuff that is independent
22 from any graphical session).
25 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
26 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
27
28 Light travels faster than sound.
29 This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.