From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Best way to determine what video card I have?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:50:52
1 Hello all,
2
3 First off I'll admit to not knowing as much as I should about my system, and
4 am hoping to correct that as I go (that's part of the reason I'm actually
5 doing it this way). I'm trying to set up X on my system, and am not entirely
6 sure which video card I have. I've already checked out lspci and lsmod, but
7 nothing that appears, at least to me, to be specific to my video card jumps
8 out at me. I accept that it may not have been compiled into the kernel,
9 which is actually a lot of why I'm posting here. If anyone can lend a hand
10 in this general area, that'd be greatly appreciated. I did do some looking
11 on google, but didn't find a whole lot beyond folks just guessing and hoping
12 they got it right. Sorry if this comes off as far too newbie-ish for this
13 list, but I am quite new to this aspect of linux. Again, thank you in
14 advance for any help you can provide.