From: brigante <brigante00@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pager independant of window manager
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:46:29
1 Joshua Murphy wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:45 AM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >> [...]
9 >>> http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/fbpager/
10 >>>
11 >> Yeah, I knew about that one and have tried it but its no more aware
12 >> than bbpager (blackbox).
13 >>
14 >> By that I mean, clicking inside the pager does not transport you to
15 >> that desktop. At least I did not see that happen here.
16 >>
17 >> However I've since found that in blackbox one can use the mouse scroll
18 >> wheel to quickly navigate to any desktop and bbpager supplies the
19 >> quick visual reference. So I think with a little usage, clicking in
20 >> the pager will not be my first thought when needing to change
21 >> desktops.
22 >>
23 >> One other missing ingredient though is that you cannot tell what the
24 >> windows displayed inside the pager are. I'm used to seeing what they
25 >> are ala kde.
26 >>
27 >> But again the mouse scroll is so quick, that may not matter much
28 >> either. So far I can never remember which way to scroll. but with
29 >> only 4 desktops I actually ever use... it still is very quick to mouse
30 >> scroll until you find the right one.
33 > Well... (pulling from http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/fbpager/ )
34 > in ~/.fluxbox/fbpager set:
35 > fbpager.icons: true
36 > fbpager.changeWorkspaceButton: 1
37 >
38 > and in the case of bbpager (which doesn't support icons),
39 > in ~/.bbtools/bbpager.bb and ~/.bbtools/bbpager.nobb set:
40 > bbpager.desktopChangeButton: 1
41 > bbpager.windowMoveButton: 3
44 exist a pager , independent and more usefull than the traditional
45 f/bbpafger , is "ipager"...
48 ...go here [http://www.useperl.ru/ipager/index.en.html]
49
50 bye !