From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] screensaver problem
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 05:30:08
1 I have Xscreensaver started by .xinit & it runs as it should ;
2 each saver is set to run for 3 min . When I'm asleep, I kill Xscreensaver
3 & the monitor blanks after 5 min , which is also what is expected.
4
5 However, something is telling the monitor to blank after 5 min ,
6 even when Xscreensaver is running. The 1st saver runs for 3 min ,
7 then the next one starts & runs for 2 min , then the screen blanks.
8 When I hit a key or move the mouse, the screen wakes up
9 & if there's no activity for 5 min Xscreensaver takes over
10 & the savers run for 5 min before the screen blanks again.
11 Instead, the savers should run continually till activity resumes.
12
13 Can anyone suggest what is telling the monitor to blank after 5 min
14 regardless of whether Xscreensaver is running or not ?
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca