From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] diskless booting [solved, I hope]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:07:15
1 On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:41:43 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hello Dan Farrell,
5 >
6 > > I was going to suggest you avoid pxegrub, but I guess you figured
7 > > that out for yourself.
8 >
9 > What's wrong with pxe grub. I use it and it works, so I haven't tried
10 > pxelinux. Is there a good reason to change if it works?
14 I never got it to work last January when I set up my first diskless
15 host. I got similar strange errors; it just didn't seem to want to do
16 anything, although it appeared to be properly configured.
17
18 PXElinux was a breeze by comparison, I thought, even though the
19 configuration files are icky. But most importantly, it worked, so I
20 stuck with it under the same principle.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list