From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apps-office/gtg Won't Work on ~amd64
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 19:13:07
1 On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Nikola Hardi <hardi.nikola@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi! I've got some troubles with running apps-office/gtg (Getting Things
3 > Gnome) on my ~amd64 machine. I'm just getting segmentation fault. A
4 > friend of mine told me that it works on amd64 arch. Have anybody else
5 > expirienced such problem on ~amd64 and what could be the problem? I've
6 > tried to run it as normal and as a root user, and got the same problem.
7 >
8 > This is my the first post on some mailing list so please tell me if I've
9 > done something wrong. :)
10
11 Hi, and welcome to the list. :)
12
13 You can try to run it via strace to see what it's doing when it crashes.
14
15 You can try to compile it with debug symbols in-tact and run it in a debugger.
16
17 Also check dmesg output after the segfault happens, sometimes it'll
18 write something to the kernel log there (especially if it's glibc
19 blocking potential buffer overruns etc.).