From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone running a gentoo guest on virtualbox?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:15:46
1 Meh, I clicked 'Send' too fast.
2
3 *My* suggested solution:
4
5 Generate an initramfs containing udev. The hands-down easiest way is
6 using genkernel's 'only create an initramfs' switch (sorry I forgot
7 what exactly).
8
9 This needs to be done exactly once throughout the life of your VM.
10
11 (To the herd of Gentoo graybeards, feel free to CMIIW)
12
13 Another alternative would be to mknod all required devices for
14 booting. But, as evidenced in the bug I've linked to earlier, you
15 might have to create more than 20 devs. Not a good use of time, if you
16 ask me. Except if you're one of the guys doing the bug exorcising :)
17
18 Oh, and please forgive my top-postings. Gmail's Java mobile client sucks.
19
20 Rgds,