From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Users hi!
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:44:11
1 Am 15.11.2012 um 16:46 schrieb BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>:
2
3 >> From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
4 >
5 >> Joshua Murphy wrote:
6 >>> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>> BRM wrote:
8 >>>> <snip spam>
9 >>>> Hey,
10 >>>> Check this out:
12 >>>> P.S. I wonder if he will get the hint. LOL
13 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
14 >>> Probably not, since it looks like a fairly hands-off spam attempt,
15 > but I have to say, I'm rather amused by the attempt to spoof a
16 > Microsoft based site (in url and content) while spamming a Linux
17 > mailing list. It's first-line bait to pull someone into an 'online
18 > employment' scam, by the looks of it, with the added benefit of ad
19 > revenue from those who load that page with a standard browser.
20 >>>
21 >>> Poison [BLX]
22 >>> Joshua M. Murphy
23 >> Well, I did get a reply on another list. He/she seems to have read
24 > it at least. Maybe he/she got the idea.
25 >> As if anyone here would follow a link like that anyway. It's not
26 > like we are a bunch of crazy folks here. lol
27 >>
28 > First, my apologies to this list. I had gotten it from someone else, but bypassed my better judgement in part thinking being on Linux with Firefox were solution enough, which interestingly they were not.
29 > Now, the page itself is pretty benign but it provided the spammers a way to attack webmail sites - e.g. Yahoo! - and go through the address book and sent out their own e-mails. My guess is that it had to be a hack into Firefox to support it, but one not yet patched at least by Kubuntu (my work laptop, which I do keep up to date).
30 >
31 > Ben
34 Well it was on the razor list so it got filtered out anyway.