From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:54:21
1 In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Al wrote:
3 >> >> I was trying to figure this out myself. I thought maybe I was missing
4 >> >> something in the message. Maybe not.
5 >> >
6 >> > Isn't the list aggregated into that news site gmain or whatever its
7 >> > called?
8 >> > Then he can have it as a newsgroup.
9 >>
10 >> It's not the question how I read it, but a question how a majority of
11 >> users can read and write to it. That influences the culture and
12 >> athmosphere of communication. Also I think Volkers remark was very
13 >> ironical else he should best go back to his dishes.
14 >>
15 >> Al
16 >
17 > up until today nobody ever mentioned news. Everybody was happy using mailing
18 > lists, forums or irc.
19
20 I'm reading your message via a usenet server. linux.gentoo.user is the
21 newsgroup. Replies of course go via the mailing list address.
22
23 > Or to phrase it differently: news is dying out quickly and gentoo never missed
24 > anything not having a newsgroups.
25
26 Usenet is dying because it doesn't attract new users. The old ones are
27 slowly dying out.
28
29 If usenet dies I'll use something else. No problem.
32 Regards,
33
34 Gregory.