From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PPPoE ADSL modem choice
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 08:37:07
1 On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 02:49:24 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Does anyone here know of a "professional" version of this modem, or an
4 > equivalent? I mean one that does the whole job, not just what it needs
5 > to do to get past the marketing department**. I'd like proper logs, and
6 > finer control over what traffic is allowed between wired and wireless
7 > LANs, and to/from the WAN of course. Even suitable Google search terms
8 > would be good.
9
10 Anything that is supported by DD-WRT or OpenWRT should do what you want -
11 or be able to be persuaded to do so.
12
13 > PPPoA is not used here in the UK as far as I know.
14
15 I haven't used ADSL for some years but ISTR PPPoA was the standard method
16 used by BT-based ADSL.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Top Oxymorons Number 30: Business ethics