From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] flickering thunderbird and firefox
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:27:16
1 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > For a week or so I see flickering applications here.
3 >
4 > I thought it would help to upgrade nvidia-drivers but even todays update
5 > didn't help.
6 >
7 > I rebuilt thunderbird-24.3.0 and nvidia-drivers-334.16-r7 ... I also
8 > didn't find anything matching at bgo.
9 >
10 > This is gnome-3.10, I know, masked stuff ... but it worked without a
11 > problem until this.
12 >
13 > Other windows like terminals or browsers (chrome, opera) are not
14 > affected ... but in thunderbird I get flickering message windows which
15 > is rather annoying.
16 >
17 > Sorry, I don't know how to describe it in a better way. Does anyone have
18 > an idea? Some mozilla-specific problem ;-) ?
19 >
20 > Stefan
26 I don't recall upgrading my Nvidia drives with the last update but
27 Firefox did upgrade. I notice some weird stuff going on to but not sure
28 of the cause yet. It may be Firefox since that seems to be all that is
29 affected here. All the other programs work fine. I don't use
30 Thunderbird here.
31
32 You may not be alone on this at least.
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!