From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 00:03:52
1 Jon Hardcastle wrote:
5 > Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
6
7 > I followed this
8
9 > http://blogs.pwmn.net/korkakak/2008/06/04/gentoo-i-unmerged-python-now-what
10
11 > which worked - in the end. couple of caveats tho for anyone 'that
12 follows' get python from their site as the ftp link in this article is
13 out of date.
14
15 > http://www.python.org/download/releases/
16
17 > also I initially tried 3.01 and that didn't work so i installed 2.6.2
18 which worked 'out of the box' i then tested with 'emerge' and am now
19 running 'emerge -va python'
20
21 > Cheers guys!
22
23 > Thanks to Dale too!
26 You may want to look into that setting for next time. I did however
27 notice that although python is in the system set, it is not saving a
28 copy for some reason. Anybody know why this setting is not working?
29
30 FEATURES="--keep-going buildsyspkg sandbox fixpackages"
31
32 Is the buildsyspkg option not valid anymore?
33
34 Dale
35