From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fonts garbled with Xorg 1.5
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:03
1 On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Somewhat on topic. How does one know what version of nvidia-drivers to
3 > use for their card? I went to the nvidia site and my card is not listed
4 > anywhere. I have a FX-5200 with 128Mbs of ram I think. I'm just
5 > curious cause I have trouble when I try to upgrade the drivers. I'm
6 > currently using nvidia-drivers-173.14.09.
7
8 The readme file in the driver archive (and on the unix download page
9 at ndivia's site) contains the list of supported GPUs and which driver
10 can operate them. The FX-5200 is listed as being supported by the
11 legacy driver 173.14.xx series.