From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SNIP warning: setlocale: LC_ALL error
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 04:32:10
1 2014-07-17 21:55 GMT-06:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I got that off a howto somewhere. I think it is a Gentoo one. Anyway,
4 > commented all that out and left the one line, ran locale-gen and it
5 > seems to have fixed it. Keep in mind, it's been that way for quite a
6 > long time. No clue why it decides to moan about it now.
7 >
8 Well that is suprising, since the contents you have on that file are
9 totally wrong, locale.gen(5) manpage explicitly states the syntax for
10 that file is:
11 <locale> <charset>
12 example:
13 en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
14 The man page also points you to the directories in /usr/share/i18n/
15 wich are locales/ and charmaps/ with the list of the ones available
16 for Gentoo, and also a convenient file named 'SUPPORTED' which tells
17 itself a list of what it has inside.
18 Also a the file alredy in the /etc/locale.gen in the stage3, has some
19 examples, since en_US.UTF-8 is the second example (and that's your
20 locale) you just need to uncomment that and run locale-gen.
21 Also LANG is an environment variable it has nothing to do in there.
22 PD: the manpages have the best supported answers, look at it before
23 going to random howtos online, its already at your installation
24 anyway.
25
26 > Thanks.
27 >