From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Headless question": Harvesting the results...software needed.
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:22:14
1 On 30/09/14 15:05, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > with lot of help of this forum (***TAHNKS!***) I now
5 > have a embedded device which is able to
6 > dis/connect itsself from/to the LAN, set the clock via ntp-client
7 > and is able to fire up a tool, which collects
8 > data from sensors and put those into
9 > a file ... even if the tool has no
10 > connection to a terminal.
11 >
12 > Next step will be to connect a GPS module
13 > (ordered) to the GPIO pins of that board
14 > (which is quite offtopic and I fear therefore
15 > my sole problem... ;).
16 >
17 > Suppose the GPS would already be attached
18 > to the board and works...
19 >
20 > Is there any free available software and data for
21 > strict offline useage (which does NOT calls
22 > to home), which is able to map GPS data to a street/land
23 > map?
24 > I need both: The maps themselves and the logic to read
25 > GPS coordinates and map movements and ways to those maps.
26 >
27 > Is something like that available for free or should
28 > I directly ask the NSA/CIA/FBI/...?
29 >
30 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
31 > Best regards,
32 > mcc
37 you can also have a look at something like www.openpaths.cc they have an
38 api you can plug into but you need to post your gps data to them
39 doesn't quite fit the offline part but to start it takes a lot of the
40 heavy lifting for you
41 alternatively you could save your gps co-ordinates to an xml file and
42 send that via email, which you can then push up to google maps
43 again, doesn't quite fit the offline part, but i'm not sure how you
44 would visually see your map if it's headless unless if it's on another
45 computer