From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: cups configuration for "dummies"
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:00:33
1 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch <at> igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
4 > Is there an easy means to configure CUPS on his system to find that
5 > printer?
6
7 Most certainly.
8
9 Visit your friend and set up access to this list, via gmane
10 (http://post.gmane.org/)
11
12 Then show him how to post and find a netiquette document,
13 gentoo style. Then as he posts you or the rest of the list
14 can help him. Sounds like he is going to need lots of help...?
17 For example, I just type int he IP adress on a web browser and my
18 printer appears (non routed address. If he has HP printers,
19 he'll most likely want hplip to go with cups. cups has to be
20 setup to access the printer by IP address.
23 Bottom line, HE needs to start talking to this group, directly.
24 Don't be shy, the water is just fine ....
27 James