From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd question
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 23:58:44
1 On 09/25/2012 02:42 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I just installed and booted with systemd and most services are working
4 >> normally, except syslog.service and remote-fs.service. Both of those
5 >> failed on bootup with a "No such file or directory" error.
6 >>
7 >> I can't figure out how to make systemd tell me which files it can't
8 >> find. Any ideas?
9 >
10 > The syslog.service works as a place-holder for whatever syslog you
11 > have installed (or not). So, if you have syslog-ng, you do
12 >
13 > ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/syslog-ng.service
14 > /etc/systemd/system/syslog.service
15
16 My problem is that I don't have syslog-ng.service in /usr/lib/systemd.
17 Neither systemd nor syslog-ng installed it. Do I write it myself?
20 > I do however have the remote-fs.service (systemd-191, out of the
21 > oven), I don't know why it isn't installed in your case. Which version
22 > are you using.
23
24 Same: 191. I do have syslog.target and remote-fs.target installed, but
25 not the corresponding *.system files. Maybe the useflags determine this?