From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] suggest not-net-hungry Linux
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:40:34
1 No, no, no!... I was, is and am going to be on Gentoo. Just want to install
2 Linux to my friend's PC. I can download installation CD iso (or two), but
3 the main problem is, that PC during next few months will have dialup
4 connection (33600) only. As a result, I need to choose Linux with minimal
5 net traffic in mind (just security updates will be sufficient). There are
6 no any special demands (OOo, images and PDF viewer, Firefox, Thunderbird
7 and Krusader (or other two panel file manager) will be a sufficient apps
8 set for beginning, + booting to level 5).
9
10 Suggestions?
11
12 P.S. You see, there is a little sense to address this question to, say, suse
13 or ubuntu or other candidate's community :-) - so, excuse please for OT.
16 Andrew