From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] opensource arcade game alike ?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:36:55
1 On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:41 AM, <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello. Is there an opensource arcade game that plays very similar to
3 > old-school CPS1/CPS2 games, like "Captain Commando", "Cadillacs and
4 > Dinosaurs", "Warriors of Fate", ""Final Fight" and ""Streets of Rage"?
5 >
6 > This category of arcade game different from typical arcade "Super Mario"
7 > that it features sideway movement (instead of only forward/backward),
8 > combo attack (press "punch" continuously), special move (usually down +
9 > up + punch) and a health slot (picking up food would add health back).
10 >
11 > I played many opensource arcade games, but most are more "Super Mario"
12 > like rather than CPS games. I haven't tried all games in
13 > portage/games-arcade, but if someone already know some in that style...
14
15 The style of game you're looking for is the "Beat 'Em Up" genre
16 (Double Dragon maybe was the first). CPS1/2 games are not limited to
17 this genre (Street Fighter 2 is an example), and not all of the games
18 you listed were CPS1/2 games (i think Streets of Rage was a home
19 console game only).
20
21 I think you may be interested in Beats of Rage:
22
23 http://www.senileteam.com/borinfo.php
24
25 Regards,