From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sata hard drive speed question
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 08:54:17
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:36:20 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Googled to see how to find out if it is aligned correctly and found
5 >> this.
6 >>
7 >> root@fireball / # cat /sys/block/sdb/queue/physical_block_size
9 >> root@fireball / #
10 >>
11 >> I thought cgdisk did that automatically so I guess it did.
12 > gdisk -l will tell you if it is. If the first partition starts at sector
13 > 2048 you re OK on that.
17 I remember seeing that so it did.  I generally notice when it does that
18 but I don't give it much thought.  I think it is one of those things
19 that if I didn't see it there, I'd know something wasn't right and I'd
20 notice it and check into it.
21
22 I reseated the cables but it's still taking a long time to do anything.
23 Given my drive led is on, it's doing something.  I'm just not sure how
24 fast it is doing it.  o_O
25
26 Dale
27