From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: how would I use device names in fstab?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 06:38:04
1 Am Mittwoch, 2. Januar 2008 schrieb ext Thufir:
2
3 > Well, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able read the disc from the
4 > cdrw drive, but the cdrom drive is odd.  Works from fedora, but in Gentoo
5 > cycles through:  spin up, pause, spin up, forever.  Even ctrl-c didn't
6 > kill it, had to reboot:
7
8 Since I never had a problem like this, I can't help you with this.
9
10 However, if I had to guess, I would eventually look at hdparm settings, or
11 even cables.
12
13 Just out of curiosity: What if you boot from a LiveCD (like Knoppix or GRML
14 or even the Gentoo LiveCD) in cdrw1, can you then read another disc from
15 cdrom1?
16
17 Bye...
18
19 Dirk
20 --
21 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
22 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
23 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
24 Wanheimerstraße 68 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
25 D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
26 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net