From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stopping screen going blank
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:15:19
1 On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 10:47 +1000, Geoff wrote:
2 > My screen keeps going blank after about 5 miniutes. I have DPMS turned
3 > off and still my screen goes blank. I dont have a screen saver set.
4 > Does anybody know how to stop this?
5
6 X seems to do it regardless of what you have dpms set to. Try turning
7 DPMS on in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and setting:
8 Option "BlankTime"
9 Option "StandbyTime"
10 Option "SuspendTime"
11 Option "OffTime"
12
13 to 0 (if 0 means disable - man xorg.conf).
14
15 HTH,
19 The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
20 -- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list