From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] VNC viewer in listening mode
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:09:42
1 On Monday 04 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Monday 4 February 2008, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
3 > > AFAIK, both realvnc and tightvnc clients can run in listen mode.
4 >
5 > I must add that, depending on the VNC server installed on the windows
6 > box, listening mode might not work correctly.
7 >
8 > For example, I remember that, with both realvnc > 4 and ultravnc on the
9 > server, the listening client on linux was not working. I had to use
10 > realvnc 3.3.7 both for the server (windows) and the client (linux).
11 > However, that was some time ago, and things hopefully have changed now.
12
13 Hmm tried it with vncviewer -listen from a Knoppix 5.0 DVD and could not
14 connect from the remote MSWindows machine. It could well be incompatible
15 versions I guess.
16
17 Thanks for pointing this out.
18 --