From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Two wifi client interfaces and routing
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 13:21:57
1 Hi,
2
3     I am trying to use a raspberry pi (3B running gentoo 32bit, openrc)
4 to create a routed link between two access points (the rpi acting as a
5 client to both AP's) so I can access the monitoring port (6607, modbus)
6 from homeassistant.  One AP is an Huawei inverter with a built in
7 "island" access point that sets a default route to itself on clients via
8 dhcp.  I have a normal gentoo based Access Point for the house that also
9 sets a default route via dhcp.  What I need is a single default route to
10 my home network via the rpi from the Huawei inverter.
11
12 Both AP's connect ok from the rpi but the routing is wrong - I can ping
13 in both directions from the rpi, but only sometimes from devices further
14 hops away - can openrc even do this?  My experimenting so far is hit and
15 miss.  Trying to static route or override the default routes doesn't
16 survive a network glitch, and half the time doesn't seem to "take" at all.
17
18 A working example I could adapt would be great!
19
20 BillK