From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Odd Chrome behavior when dragging tab to create new window
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:20:32
1 On 12/03/2021 16:48, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-03-12, Spackman, Chris <chris@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2021/03/12 at 02:57pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>> When I drag a tab out of it's parent window to create a new window
6 >>>> [...] instead of staying where it's put the new window will follow
7 >>>> the mouse cursor around the desktop anytime Chrom(e|ium) has focus.
8 >>> [...]
9 >>> any keypress will cause the weird behavior to stop.
10 >>
11 >> I have the same problem. Started recently. Right clicking on the tab
12 >> and choosing "Move tab to new window" (if there is only one window)
13 >> or "Move tab to another window" => "New window" (if there is already
14 >> more than one window) works without problem.
15 >
16 > Yep, same here.
17 >
18 >> I've no idea what is causing the problem. Fluxbox is my window
19 >> manager.
20 >
21 > I'm using openbox.
22 >
23 > The most recent upgrade of Chrome/Chromium was about 3 days before the
24 > problem started. libXt and wayland got upgraded about 2 days before
25 > the problem started. I haven't tried downgrading anything yet.
26 >
27 > Now that I know to just hit a key to stop it, it's not so bad, so I'll
28 > probably just try to wait it out until it gets fixed. For the first
29 > day or so it was infuriating...
30 >
31 I don't use Chrome/Chromium, but I've notice similar behaviour. istr it
32 was Windows though ...
33
34 Cheers,
35 Wol