From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: compiz-fusion, emerald and xfce
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:53:10
1 2007/10/27, Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>:
2 > Daniel Pielmeier schrieb:
3 > > I used this command:
4 > > compiz --loose-binding --replace ccp && emerald --replace &
5 > >
6 > > A strange thing is that it only works when I execute it a few times. The
7 > > first time I had no window decorations!
8 > >
9 > > Another thing is when I want to go back to the xfce window manager the
10 > > decorations vanished again, the mouse pointer too. I could only bring
11 > > them back by deleting a few config files in my home-directory.
12 > >
13 > > Furthermore the dependency for libwnck was raised a few days ago which
14 > > resulted in pulling the unstable gtk+ glib and pango packages in.
15 > >
16 > > This hosed all my apps requiring gtk which means nearly everything. I
17 > > downgraded but this did not help. I had to unmerge and then reemerge
18 > > glib to get things working again.
19 > >
20 > > So I think I will leave my fingers from compiz-fusion until it is more
21 > > stable or anybody knows a solution to this problems!
24 > This doesn't sound very good :-(
25 >
26 > I will wait, too, or does someone here got better results?
27
28 The dependcies for libwnck were lowered to the old version yesterday
29 by the maintainer of compiz. So this does not result in the inclusion
30 of the many unstable packages i mentioned above.
31
32 The other problems may remain, but now it is much easier to play
33 around with compiz{-fusion} again.
34
35 Regards,
36