From: "\\\"Chris Phillips\\\"@T O" <ChrisPhi@××××××.Org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Python3 emerge problem with pycairo and wxpython
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 13:22:32
1 Hi
2
3 I am having a problem with emerge, that I have successfully(?) worked
4 around by cutNpaste, but would like
5 to have a real fix for. It seems related to the python3 move, as I
6 haven't successfully applied
7 a default emerge --ask --verbose --update --deep --newuse @world since
8 then...
9
10 I always get the following 2 ebuild lines:
11
12 [ebuild UD ] dev-python/pycairo-1.18.2::gentoo [1.19.1::gentoo]
13 USE="-doc -examples -test" \
14 PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7%* python3_6 python3_7 python3_8
15 (-python3_9) (-pypy3%)" 0 KiB
16 ...
17 [ebuild N ] dev-python/wxpython-3.0.2.0:3.0::gentoo USE="cairo
18 libnotify opengl -examples" \
19 PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB
20
21 I can successfully cut those out and apply the rest of the ebuilds,
22 can't determine what is pulling in wxpython.
23
24 Any ideas on what I need to do to keep these from occurring?
25
26 Thanks,
27 Chris
28 PS
29 I see a 4.0.2 wxpython but since I can't determine whats using wxpython
30 , I worry about forcing the newer (maybe not stable wxpython...)?
37 -- Woda: "Java: write once, debug anywhere" Hong Zhang
38 http://thehenrys.ca
39 | Chris Phillips - Resident cat slave and dubious character |
40 | mailto:NorthernL00n@××××××.Org (416)483-3768 |
41 | http://LGonQn.Org/www/Chris.Phillips cell: (416)505-3610 |
42 "EPIC stands for Expects Perfectly Intuitive Compilers" P. Bannon
43 http://www.hazmatmodine.com
44 NOTICE:
45 This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
46 and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
47 unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
48 If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
49 reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
50 "blah blah blah - Ginger!"