From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard Drive Crash - Please Help
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:12:35
1 > > All of the laptop's data has now been moved to the desktop system over
2 > > the network. I still don't see how I can move the data back to the
3 > > laptop after reformatting it.
4 >
5 > The same way you copied it from the laptop in the first place: boot from
6 > a live CD and copy it with rsync or that tar+ssh hack.
7
8 The problem with booting into the LiveCD is I can't get on the
9 network. I don't have a crossover cable to connect to the Gentoo
10 router (although I'm ordering a switch), and I don't think the LiveCD
11 supports madwifi since it doesn't have a net.ath0 interface. I had
12 just booted normally and copied /dev/hda3 over before.
13
14 - Grant
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list