From: Ian Brandt <ian@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev Migration and SCSI
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:18:38
1 Mike Williams wrote:
2 > OK great, I'd change my fstab, and reboot to 2.4.X/devfs now, but I'm known
3 > for being a little gungho :)
4
5 Well, guess there's not much more I can do.
6
7 Supposing it doesn't come up, would a rescue CD be required to fix it?
8 I left a copy of the old /etc/fstab as /etc/fstab.bak, and setup a
9 login with sudo rights to perform the copy, but if the discs don't
10 come up, will login be possible? (I remember the NOC saying there was
11 a prompt, "enter the root password for maintenance", or something like
12 that after a previous failure to boot the 2.6 kernel where the issue
13 was the Adaptec RAID and general kernel I2O drivers clashing.)
16 > BTW, what path for root do you pass to grub?
19 I use lilo actually because it does everything I need, and it doesn't
20 care that the discs are on a raid array. Grub at least used to
21 require a special driver. My lilo.conf is below. So would I need to
22 change my boot and root to the sdaX scheme as well?
23
24 # cat /etc/lilo.conf
25
26 boot=/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
27 root=/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3
28
29 map=/boot/System.map
30
31 prompt