From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:01:23
1 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday 21 July 2011 05:54:32 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Right now, just look over my info, see if you see anything insane there
5 >> and if not, recommend something I can use besides flash. Maybe some
6 >> third party thing that works reasonably well. If youtube works, I
7 >> should be good to go since the sites I go to are using the same thing,
8 >> some even source youtube.
9 >>
10 > About this bit.
11 > Can you play youtube videos without using that download-helper-plugin?
12 > Or is your connection too slow to be able to watch directly without
13 > downloading first?
14 >
15 > As an alternative to using the download-helper-plugin, you could try the
16 > following:
17 >
18 > $ eix youtube-dl
19 > * net-misc/youtube-dl
20 > Available versions: ~2009.05.23[1] 2010.01.19[1] 2010.10.03 ~2010.10.24
21 > ~2010.11.19 2010.12.09 ~2011.01.30
22 > Homepage: http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/
24 > YouTube.
27 > Hope this helps,
28 >
29 > Joost
34 My DSL is just a hair to slow unless it is a low res video. I get about
35 768Kb down and I swear they make it so it will stop just enough to annoy
36 the crap out of a person so you will upgrade to a faster package. o_O
37 Grrrrrr. Anyway, I just download it first then play it with smplayer.
38 No stopping and all that then. If I don't like it, dump and move on.
39
40 I did find that tool once but I'm not real sure how it works. I sort of
41 browsed around the pages a bit but just fell back to the plugin. May
42 end up using it tho.
43
44 I will try just watching it in a bit and see if it crashes. I can start
45 it then hit pause and resume after it gets a real good start. That
46 could lead to something. ;-)
47
48 Thanks.
49