From: Heorhi Valakhanovich <valahanovich@×××.by>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone used NILFS2?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:19:46
1 On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:59:54 -0600
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I'm very interested in NILFS2 and considering using it as rootfs. I
5 > read some good reviews and seems to perform okay in benchmarks. The
6 > automatic checkpoints/snapshots sounds like it could be useful. (I'm
7 > thinking especially to see prior versions of files in /etc for
8 > example.)
9 >
10 > Have any of you used NILFS2 and have any failures or success to
11 > report?
15 I had some issues with NILFS2. It sometimes "breaks" and still has no
16 checking-repairing utility. I never lost my data, but garbage collector
17 couldn't work.
18
19 Such things happen rarely, but may be dangerous in production.