From: Kai Peter <kp@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New box
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:49:19
1 On 2016-12-30 03:23, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I'm putting a new system, it will be running mainly, VirtualBox,
3 > Asterisk, Hylafax etc. (nothing graphic intensive).
4 >
5 > - IN WIN BL631 Low Profile Micro ATX Case w/ 300W Power Supply,
6 > - AMD FX-8350 Processor 4.0GHz w/ 16MB Cache
7 > - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 w/ DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan
8 > - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3-1866MHz CL10 Dual Channel Kit
9 > - Samsung 850 EVO Series mSATA Solid State Drive, 1TB
10 > - Asus GeForce GT 720 Silent CSM, 2GB, PCI-E w/ D-Sub VGA, DVI, HDMI
11 >
12 > Will I have any problems installing Gentoo on this configuration, eg.
13 > with Video Card etc.?
14
15 Short answer: no.
16
17 > Do I need more RAM?
18
19 Hmm..., I couldn't see a general answer here. From the above it depends
20 on the number of VM's and how many RAM you (have to) give them. Maybe as
21 a reference, my actual plasma session uses 13 GB of RAM. But having more
22 RAM is never a bad thing. If the system starts to swap then you need
23 more.
26 Sent with eQmail-1.10-dev