From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X -configure find video drivers that do not exist
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:08:49
1 On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:17:09 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
3 >
4 >> my system is gentoo amd64, with kde 4.3. previously, i installed more
5 >> video drivers than i need, now i removed the unused ones. but each
6 >> time when i ran 'X -configure', if can still find some of those video
7 >> drivers and try to load them, and complains
8 >> that the module does not exist. i guess some of the configuration of X
9 >> is not updated. but i do not know which one.
10 >
11 > That sounds more like X is detecting the hardware and trying to load the
12 > module it thinks it needs for that hardware, which you have now unmerged.
13 >
14 > Can you post the exact error message, "X complains..." doesn't give us
15 > much to go on.
18 > --
19 > Neil Bothwick
20 >
21 > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
22 > temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
23 >    Benjamin Franklin
26 i fixed it :)
27
28 it took me some time to finally found those modules at
29 /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers.
30
31 thanks you all.
35 Best Regards,