From: "Jed R. Mallen" <jedmallen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Upgrading the kernel
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 02:35:01
1 Do you guys have a trick that will update a new kernel quickly? I'm using 2.6.21-gentoo-r4 right now, and have foregone upgrading to 2.6.22-gentoo-r5 and -r8 because I read somewhere that I can't just use my old .config file for a new kernel version if it's *not* a revision-upgrade and I can only upgrade safely between 2 revisions.
2
3 I don't want to go through all those kernel settings one by one. Do you just remember a few key things that you need (framebuffer, video, usb, etc) and just use the default settings?
4
5 Thanks.
6
7 ----