From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] daylight savings time
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:40:44
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:45:42 -0330 Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
4 wrote:
5
6 > My home province (Newfoundland & Labrador) has, in its infinite
7 > wisdom, decided to adopt daylight savings time from 11 to 04 November,
8 > rather than the more common dates in April & October.
9 >
10 > Can someone tell me what I need to do to accommodate this change, if
11 > anything?
12
13 Hm, set your hardware clock to UTC and do as root:
14
15 rm /etc/localtime
16 ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Newfoundland /etc/localtime
17
18 should work...
19
20 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Standard_Time_Zone suggests
21 that it was changed just recently. Make sure your timezone-data ebuild
22 is up to date and installed. In order to get an 2007 version, you might
23 need to architecture unmask it.
24
25 http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm has wealth of information
26 regarding zoneinfo.