From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Having Trouble with Wireless Interface
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:33:37
1 On 05/14/2014 12:41 PM, Stroller wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 May 2014, at 1:19 pm, Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> …
4 >> If you like to check if RTL8192CE is enabled in your kernel's .config
5 >> file. If it isn't, you probably want to compile it as a module, and then
6 >> add rtl8192ce to /etc/conf.d/modules as well.
7 > Am pretty sure there's no need to add this one to /etc/conf.d/modules - IME it'll just be found and loaded automagically by the kernel.
8 >
9 > Stroller.
12 Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware of that. As I mentioned in
13 my previous post, I do not use genkernel myself. That's why I thought
14 I'd refer the person inquiring to the gentoo wiki article about genkernel.
15
16 Hopefully, someone else on this list with more experience building the
17 genkernel will be able to offer advice that would be helpful.