From: Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Licenses
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:00:34
1 Hi List!
2
3 I was wondering -- is there a way to find out which of the licenses
4 in /usr/portage/licenses can be considered free software licenses
5 (without having to read and understand them)?
6
7 I'm trying to find out what packages I have installed that cannot be
8 considered free, and while it's easy to get a list of the licenses in
9 use, that in itself is pretty useless without knowing anything about the
10 licenses.
11
12 Btw., shouldn't portage have some kind of flag to at least warn if a
13 proprietary package is being pulled in through dependencies? I just
14 discovered that I have realplayer installed, which was pulled in by
15 mplayer.
16
17 Fredrik Tolf
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list