From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:29:34
1 On 10/10/11 17:05, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, Colleen
3 >
4 >> I'll try this, but I REALLY want those cute little penguins that appear
5 >> when the computer is booting! :-)
6 > Make sure this is configured in your kernel. The config option ought to
7 > be called "CONFIG_BOOTUP_TUX", but it isn't - it's called "Bootup Logo"
8 > and is located at Device Drivers/Graphics Support/Bootup Logo.
9 >
10 > I think you get one penguin for each core your processor has.
11
12 Well, still no penguins, but I did get it to boot to the command
13 prompt. Still, it's back to the drawing board 'cause now I have an
14 network issue and I thought I had copied the working
15 /mnt/gentoo/etc/resolv.conf file to the /etc/resolv.conf file in the
16 chroot'd environment.
17
18 I'll keep plugging away. Thanks for the suggestions.
19
20 Regards,
21
22 Colleen