From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] motherboard died?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:56:41
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:32:15 +0000, Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >
4 >> I can't see how I could have properly killed some hardware just by
5 >> moving a cable an inch to one side.
6 >
7 > Did you touch a grounded object before putting your hand inside the case.
8 > A static discharge could kill the motherboard.
11 Thanks for the reply,
12
13 Ashamed to say no I didn't consciously do that, however the only thing I
14 touched inside the case was insulated cables. If i had zapped it, would
15 it even get as far as it does? I know zapping it can be unpredictable,
16 but up to a point, it works perfectly if you see what I mean.
19 Matt