From: "Klaus-J. Wolf" <klaus.j.wolf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What happened to glsa-check?
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 11:45:57
1 Hi you people,
2
3 I am not a frequent reader of any list, so I ask for patience if I am not
4 familiar with info just recently discussed.
5
6 From olden times, and from https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLSA I know a tool
7 called glsa-check. It was intended to check your system against recent
8 security advisories.
9
10 I was surprised I couldn't find it anymore on my Gentoo system. But stop,
11 here it is:
12
13 # find / -name glsa-check
14 /usr/lib64/portage/python3.6/glsa-check
15 /usr/lib64/portage/python2.7/glsa-check
16
17 Really a strange place for a tool that "can be run by users" but anyway.
18
19 But python3 /usr/lib64/portage/python3.6/glsa-check -l which should display
20 "all unapplied GLSA" gives me: All GLSAs, from the beginning.
21
22 So, what happened here? A dead project? Why?
23 And if so, what replaced it?
24
25 I hope you can help me.
26