From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Goodbye, Gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 16:40:11
1 On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 20:28, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > It looks like it's time to take Gentoo off of my main machine. I feel a
4 > little sad about it, or I'd just quietly go away.
5 >
6 > So, since I am familiar with Ubuntu from work, and have it on a couple of
7 > laptops, I'm installing from the Ubuntu 11.04 live disk (video is just
8 > fine).
11 Good luck.
12 A friend just dropped Ubuntu cause they simply decided to use Unity, and the
13 dashboard is just (his words) weird. He was used to the Gnome look, and they
14 simply changed everthing with an upgrade.
15
16 I stick with Gentoo, at least I know my next upgrade won't change my whole
17 interface...
20 Daniel da Veiga