From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVidia drivers and vanilla kernel Linux 4.7.0 anyone?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 18:15:46
1 Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> [16-07-30 20:12]:
2 > On 31/07/2016 1:54 AM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de> [16-07-30 13:24]:
4 > >>Hello,
5 > >>
6 > >>On Sat, 30 Jul 2016, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
7 > >>>trying the new kernel linux-4.7 (vanilla, downloaded from
8 >
9 > [snip]
12 > >Short qyestion: How can I apply it...I mean...as soon as I do an
13 > >emerge, either the original source will be unpacked or my package
14 > >will be rejected for being modified an different from the one, which
15 > >does not compile...
16 > >
17 > >?
18 > >
19 > >Best regards,
20 > >Meino
21 >
22 > It's currently 2am Perth time and I've been staring at a screen for
23 > too long trying to get a portable Win32 dev environmet for Uni students
24 > working. I've consumed a fair amount of chocolate so the usual grain of
25 > salt proviso applies. If I've understood the question correctly, this
26 > link may be of help:
27 >
28 > http://tinyurl.com/jur3t8v
29 >